You can be the most prepared interviewee, with well-thought-out answers for all the common interview questions. But, what happens if you get asked an oddball question such as one of the following?
- How many hours would it take to clean every single window in London? IBM
- Who would win in a fight between Spiderman and Batman? Stanford University
- What would you do if you were the one survivor in a plane crash? Airbnb
- How many calories are in a grocery store? Google
- How would you sell a fridge to an Eskimo? Harrods
Do you panic? Do you cover up with jokes? Or do you give up?
Often, oddball question doesn’t have a right or wrong answer. But, if you can gauge the intention behind the question, you may be able to frame your answer accordingly.
See sample oddball questions (with some interesting answers)
The complex recruitment process, see: What REALLY happens in recruitment?