Is your LinkedIn profile different to your CV? Is your profile ‘living’ or is it static?
An article by Ms Career Girl takes a look at how we can utilise our LinkedIn profile more effectively, without recycling what is written in our CVs.
They make some really great points, so next time you are on LinkedIn have a look and see if you have:
- Told a great story
- Thought about what makes you different
- Weaved your personality in with your skills and work experience
- Said what you needed to say in a way that didn’t bore or repeat
- A living and organic profile; not one that is static
- Given recruiters two journeys (one with your CV and one with your LinkedIn profile); not the same info twice
We offer LinkedIn workshops at Victoria University, so make sure your keep an eye on our Careers workshop page. They are offered frequently.