You are what you tweet – and 140 characters can either make you or break you!
I was recently reading a blog post by Justin Flitter on ‘Is Twitter hurting your job search?’ Similar to very practical but often unheeded advice like not having silly voice mail messages and using inappropriate email addresses when applying for jobs, Justin offers a quick Twitter checklist:
• Your @Name should be your actual name or close variation – employers don’t want to see things like @ImdaBizBomb
• Try not to use numbers or underscores if possible
• Your bio should be short, snappy, personal but sensible
• Your avatar photo should be of you – should not show alcohol or cigarettes or anything remotely offensive
• The background image should be of something meaningful to you, or a professionally made image with your picture, contact details and digital points of contact